Paying for counseling services
In seeking counseling services, consider how the cost of services is covered. You have the choice of insurance or self-pay.
Insurance can be confusing. We want to help you better understand how insurance works. When you contact us, we will verify insurance coverage. Please contact your insurance carrier to verify the information.
Questions to ask your insurance carrier to help determine benefits
Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
Is the provider in-network? If the provider is out-of-network will my insurance cover?
Do I have a deductible? If so, how much is it, and have I met it yet?
Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
Do I need written approval from my primary care physician insurance to pay for services?
What is my co-pay?
Does my insurance cover online therapy sessions?
We are currently in-network with the following insurances:
- Medical Mutual
- United HealthCare/ Optum
- AllOne (Ease at Work) EAP
- Mutual Health Services
- Anthem/ Blue Cross, Blue Shield
**If you do not have one of these insurances, ask your carrier if you have out of network benefits. Some plans may pay a percentage of the cost of the session for out of network providers.
- Co-Pay: This is the amount your insurance requires you to pay at the time of your appointment. Please check with your insurance carrier to know what your co-pay is. Remember not everyone has a co-pay. It depends on your individual coverage plan.
- Deductibles: This is the amount that you pay out of pocket for services before insurance pays. Deductibles are reset every year. If you have not met your deductible, then you will pay for services out of pocket until the deductible is met.
Please ask us questions you may have about insurance and billing. Contact our Billing and Insurance department via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-Pay Or Out-of-Network
Some individuals opt to cover services out of pocket.
- $140 per Initial Intake Appointment 55-minute session
- $120 per Individual or Couples Counseling 55-minute session
- $90 per Individual or Couples Counseling 45- minute session
- $65 per Individual 30- minute session
- $60 per 30-minute Couples Counseling add-on to a 55-minute session
If you have an insurance carrier you can be reimbursed through the submission of a “Super Bill”. We will collect full payment for the session and give you a receipt and a copy of a “Super Bill”. You would submit the “Super Bill to your insurance company and they will send the reimbursement to you. Be sure to discuss out- of network reimbursement with your insurance carrier.
We accept cash, check, HSA/FSA, and most major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged up to the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any more questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Request an appointment to start your journey.