Online Therapy and Coronavirus
At Rebirth Counseling and Therapy Services, you can have a therapy session from the comfort and privacy of your own home or a place where you are safe. With our online counseling, you can access your therapist from your desktop, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
What is Online Counseling?
Online counseling has a few names, telehealth, telemental health, virtual counseling, or online therapy. We use these words interchangeably because they mean the same thing. Online therapy makes it possible for people to receive counseling services if they cannot meet with their provider face to face. Clients can participate in individual or couples counseling from home, work, or any location that both the client and clinician agree is appropriate.
Getting ready for your online counseling session
Preparing for Online Counseling is easy. When you schedule your appointment, you will be sent a unique link to log in on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Here are tips that can help prepare for your online therapy session.
- (Recommended, but not required) Set up your device on a table or resting comfortably on a solid surface. This will allow you to talk hands-free. You may be asked to participate in a written activity or may want to take notes. It may also feel more comfortable with the online counseling experience.
- Be Fully Dressed; remember this is a professional relationship. We want you to be comfortable, and also, please be presentable.
- Make sure your space has adequate lighting. The therapist must be able to see you. Sometimes being in front of a window will cause a glare. You can adjust by closing curtains or shades to reduce glare or sitting in front of a light, solid-colored wall.
- To maintain privacy and help with call quality, we recommend using headphones, earbuds, or air pods.
- Log on in advance to test audio and video. Arriving early to your session will help us to detect if there are any technical issues. If you are noticing any problems, let your therapist know right away.
- Be honest about any safety or concerning issues such as thoughts of wanting to die because of depression, recent domestic violence, feeling unsafe in your home. Mention concerns earlier in the appointment rather than addressing them towards the end of the session. Your safety is essential to us.
Make the most of Online Therapy.
Make sure to provide meaningful feedback to the therapist about the session and how to improve the meeting. Again, If you have any connectivity issues, be sure to address it with the clinician as soon as possible. The clinician will likely have a backup plan to ensure that you can receive the most out of the session. If you have homework assignments, it may be helpful to email ahead of time for the clinician to process with you during your session.
Begin Online Counseling from Anywhere in Ohio
You do not have to wait to start Online Counseling; here are the steps you need to take:
- First, contact us through our website and request an initial appointment.
- You will hear from our virtual assistant who will schedule you with one of our caring therapists.
- Next, meet with your therapist and begin your healing process, virtually.
Other Counseling Services
At Rebirth Counseling, Online Counseling in Ohio, we offer a wide range of mental health services for individuals of all types. Our services include depression counseling, anxiety treatment, marriage counseling or couples therapy, help for overeating, counseling for better self-esteem & more. If you are interested, we offer Christian Counseling also.