Do you think you may be dealing with trauma or PTSD?
Trauma occurs when we experience something scary or life-threatening. Post-traumatic stress is impact the trauma has on our life. For many people trauma impacts their ability to connect with others, reduces sense of safety, increase feelings of distrust in others, reduces self-esteem and increase feelings of helplessness. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder is more common than you think. Clients seeking help for anxiety, depression and even bipolar disorder often have underlying trauma that exacerbates or is the root of the issue.
- Have you found yourself having recurrent dreams about something scary in the past?
- Do you find yourself avoiding thinking about painful experiences through drug, alcohol or another addictive behavior?
- Do you suffer from anxiety and depression and medication has not been effective?
- Are you constantly looking over your shoulder or worried about being caught off guard?
- Have other people told you that you over-react?
If yes, you may be dealing with some type of trauma or PTSD.
What Types of Trauma Are There?
When people think of the word trauma, usually certain things come to mind. Often the word is most associated with sexual abuse or war. Understanding that trauma can result from many different types of situations. Here is a list of some traumatic experiences people may experience.
- Car accident
- Serious Medical Procedure
- Witnessing someone being injured
- Surviving a break-in or robbery
- Domestic violence
- Financial Abuse
- Witnessing mistreatment of co-worker
- Overhearing violence, abuse
- Verbal Abuse/ Verbal Threats
- Gang violence
- Excessive exposure of tragic incident through social media, news or word of mouth
- Death of a parent or important figure
Trauma Informed Treatment
We provide a caring and supportive environment to help people heal. It is important that you feel safe. We help you to obtain the strength and courage you need to overcome the impact of trauma. Our approach to treating trauma depends on the needs and goals of the individual person we work with. We use various approaches including Cognitive Processing Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Mindfulness.
In trauma therapy, we work with you toward lessening, even extinguishing, the pain. It’s our goal to identify the source and triggers for your emotional and physical suffering, to discuss ways to deal with unhelpful and unhealthy thoughts and behaviors and to teach you techniques to manage distress and enable you to move forward.
Start Counseling for Trauma
If you would like us to show you how to take your next steps down the road of recovery.
- Request an appointment online here.
- Then you will be contacted by our virtual assistant who will schedule you with one of our caring therapists.
- Start your healing process.
Other Counseling Services
We provide a range of counseling services at our Beachwood Counseling Office. Online Counseling is available for anyone in the state of Ohio. We treat depression, anxiety, self-esteem, grief, emotional eating, Christian Counseling and more. If you are looking for help to see real change in your life, you are in the right place!